Friday 22 August 2008

To the woods

We have lived here for thirteen years and it is only five minutes walk from our house to the countryside. However I have never tried walking over the paths crossing the fields as indicated by this right of way sign. I asked a dog walker if I could make a circular walk and was told yes.You can get to the Forest Way path. I climbed over the style and headed for the far side of the field. Seeing a dog walker in the distance I headed after him to the woods
I emerged some time later and could see our local parish church which is a good landmark Along the way I dould see that the Brambles were ripening. Took me back to my childhood and picking them to make Bramble Jelly. We got very colour full mouths from those that we ate'
One for the basket and two for me'
. Then I found I was at the Forest Way cycle track. This uses the old railway track bed.
Very popular with familys and safe for the little ones and their bikes
I had nearly completed my circle
Just a short way down the road I passed daughter Rhona's road end. House with the white garage and son Hugh's car parked in front of the door.




That is all till I do something else!




































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely looking walk. I would love it. LOL N xx

Anonymous said...

We know you would love it Norma so why don't you come and do it???? We love you. Mumxx

Anonymous said...

l wish I could take my dogs for a walk in your woods, might cause havoc mind you, they dont come back when they are called, unless their food is involved. I liked the cycle track for the kids, seems allmost too good to be true, are you sure its safe?