Thursday 21 August 2008






Saga of the hedge


Recently I saw a portable hedge trimmer in a shop in town. This has a re chargeable battery in the handle so no long extension power cables need be laid on the public footpath. It is also quite light and can be used single handed.One hand for the trimming and one to hold onto the hedge! It also has an extending handle for extra reach.




As shown previously however the hedge is high so the last thing I need is to have a dizy spell while up the ladder. I made a start with the sides standing on the ground, but then the weather caused a delay.

It was in this state for a day or two. Short back and sides but scruffy on top.

Today I thought lets get on with it and get the job finished. Stop procrastinating.

I think that it looks a lot more presentable, so it is now job over for another year.

This is what the passing bus passengers will now see if it stops at the stop which is just out of shot top right.It even looks reasonably level. Before the far end took a turn up as there were some thick branches there. I had to take a small saw to them.

2 comments:

Rhona said...

You have been busy. I must say it looks really nice now. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I agree - very neat and tidy. I could do with some of those for our garden patch. I have a lot of branches that need to be trimmed. Pity you're so far away or I could borrow yours! LOL N xx