Monday 25 August 2008

Back in the garden


I am afraid that we are back in the garden today as I have done nothing exciting.
The border however remains quite colourful as we nearly reach the end of August'
My first try with growing Tomatoes is showing quite a heavy crop. Slow however to ripen however. Only one in this picture as you can see.

However it is back to intermitent showers. At least I do not have to water the pots.

Earlier this year I planted bedding Dahlias at Rhona and Jon's. The next time I was round they were all reduced to skeleton leafs. Jon claimed that something just ate then overnight, and it came out of the ground. I said pull the other one. However yesterday I saw that one I had planted in a pot was not looking well. I sprinkled slug pellets yesterday and.


This morning on my rounds this was what I saw. Lots of slug yuck and dying bodies. AND THEY HAD COME OUt OF THE POT SOIL. Not a pretty sight before breakfast. Sorry folk!Sorry Jon.
Perhaps they were in last years compost and it had not heated enough to kill the eggs.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad, Ugh! That picture of the slugs is very good but they do look awful. I have had that problem before as well. Now I know what to do. We had an infestation of snails here a few months ago. They were everywhere and just kept multiplying. However, they just disappeared and have not been back since. Hope they stay away! LOL Norma xxxxxxxx